The Book of Mosiah. 1. Mosiah 25. Mosiah 18:8–13 — Living the Covenant. The Record of Zeniff —An account of his people, from the time they left the land of Zarahemla until the time that they were delivered out of the hands of the Lamanites.. Come Follow Me, 2 Nephi 26-30 (Feb 24-Mar 1) Teaching with Power. 1 (2006), 149–185. Come Follow Me 2 Nephi 1-5 (Feb 3-Feb 9, 2020) Teaching with Power. Alma’s eight baptismal covenants were: coming into the fold of God, Mosiah II, the grandson, was Benjamin's son and was king of the Nephite nation from about 124 BC to 91 BC. Come Follow Me, 2 Nephi 11-25 (Feb 17-Feb 23) Teaching with Power. Mosiah 18:17 they were called the church of God, or the church of Christ. Teaching with Power. The Book of Mosiah follows the history of fathers and sons like King Benjamin and his son Mosiah, Alma and his son Alma, and Zeniff and his son Noah. Chapter 1. The Book of Mormon was written for our day, but ever since the days of Nephi, it was known that the organizational structure of God's kingdom should be named after Christ. As you study, make notes as you go. Mosiah 2 apparently was in possession of them before the plates of Ether were found and brought back to him by Limhi (Mosiah 8:13-19) [Verla Birrell, The Book of Mormon Guide Book, pp. Comprising chapters 9 through 22. About 130–124 B.C. The two major flashbacks, Zeniff's and Alma's accounts, illustrate that the book of Mosiah was put together by use of historical records of several authors. 264-265] The first edition (1830) of the Book of Mormon names Benjamin as the king of Zarahemla who possessed the interpreters (see p. 200). Zeniff leads a group from Zarahemla to possess the land of Lehi-Nephi—The Lamanite king permits them to inherit the land—There is war between the Lamanites and Zeniff’s people. Come Follow Me, 2 Nephi 31-33 (Mar 2-Mar 8) Teaching with Power. Let’s study together how these relationships evolve and influence the entire history of the Nephite and Lamanite peoples. Daniel C. Peterson, “Authority in the Book of Mosiah,” The FARMS Review 18, no. In these central chapters of the book of Mosiah, readers encounter several names and events that are not very well known. the book of mosiah And now there was no more contention in all the land of Zarahemla, among all the people who belonged to king Benjamin, so that king Benjamin … The Book of Mosiah is named after Mosiah II, the grandson. ☼ Mosiah 2:17: And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that: “When ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your God.” 13 And now the spirit of Alma was again troubled; and he went and inquired of the Lord what he should do concerning this matter, for he feared that he should do wrong in the sight of God. “Benjamin's and Mosiah's Covenant Ceremonies Compared with Old Testament Rituals.” Mosiah I, the grandfather, was a Nephite prophet who led the Nephites from the land of Nephi to the land of Zarahemla and was later appointed king. The primary theme, however, should be quite familiar. Book of Mormon Central, “What Does the Book of Mormon Teach about the Priesthood? And now there was no more contention in all the land of Zarahemla, among all the people who belonged to king Benjamin, so that king Benjamin had co There is a lot that goes into … Visualizing the story this way really helps me, and if you are a visual learner I hope it helps you too. King Benjamin teaches his sons the language and prophecies of their fathers—Their religion and civilization have been preserved because of the records kept on the various plates—Mosiah is chosen as king and is given custody of the records and other things. The Book of Mosiah is one of the books which make up the Book of Mormon.The title refers to Mosiah II, a king of the Nephites at Zarahemla.The book covers the time period between ca 130 BC and 91 BC, except for when the book has a flashback into the Record …