Cover of Reflection from Mulan Lord of the Flies song, but in Simon’s perspective. ... Our group's initial understanding of 'Lord of The Flies' was bascially the story of a group of British boys who were stranded on an island, due to plane crash. In William Golding’s novel, the Lord of the Flies, Jack is one of the boys stranded on the island and plays a major role in the development of the story. The Lord of the Flies: self reflection In reading The Lord of the Flies there are many things I have thought. Downloaded 7 times. Essay by EssaySwap Contributor, High School, 11th grade, February 2008 . FreeBookSummary.com . One looked up, grinning, And said, "Comrade! Brother!" Lord Of The Flies Symbolism Analysis 768 Words | 4 Pages. The most important idea I took away from our time together is the deeper understanding of human nature, through William Golding's book, Lord of the FLies.If a society like that of Lord of the Flies really were to exist, everything will turn into a battle ground, like the movie Mad Max.If I were to visualize a world without laws, I would project a world which is very much bloody. 8/20/2015 0 Comments Throughout Lord of the Flies, Golding uses 3 main characters, namely Piggy, Ralph and Jack, to bring across the message of the id, ego and superego that we experience in real life. Running, leaping, and carousing in sin. My Conclusion In "Lord of the Flies" William Golding presents his very harsh view of humanity and human kind. The parents were supposed to be the authority. Some of these symbols include Piggy and his glasses, the signal fire, the conch shell, and the Lord of the Flies. “I Stood upon a High Place” is a very interesting poem. William Golding demonstrates in this novel that our ability to behave peacefully, be civilized are not a part of human nature and that “moral and societal constraints are learned rather than innate” (Phillips, Brian). All of these combined elements make the book a true classic and a perennial audience favourite. Lord of the Flies Reflection ... Poem: I Stood Upon a High Place by Stephen Crane I stood upon a high place, And saw, below, many devils. 0 Like 0 Tweet. This understanding was a bit of a shock to me, in all honesty, because I had never once thought about this in that way before hand. Lord if the Flies A reflection. The story happens during the period of the nuclear war and the boys had been evacuated due to an atomic bomb. Lord of the Flies. As a reflection of life, the novel, Lord of the Flies, by William Golding, suggests that the basic nature of mankind and society depends on the ethical nature of the individual and the force of psychic structure as the fundamental principle of the Natural Man. Reflection Response How LOTF relates to our experiences in life.

Many things in Lord of the Flies had loss of identity that was not able to be given back.