Name. "— "— My Beautiful Birds provides a promise that all the darkness from that Syrian skyline of smoke is behind Sami and remains open to a bright sky of birds and lightness, the landscape of his future. My Beautiful Birds is both sad and touching, compelling and infuriating, heart-wrenching and hopeful. Queenie Breed. A gentle yet moving story of refugees of the Syrian civil war, My Beautiful Birds by Suzanne Del Rizzo illuminates the ongoing crisis as it affects its children. It shows the reality of the refugee camps, where people attempt to pick up their lives and carry on. He and his family flee their war-torn home in search of a place of refuge and Sami experiences a great deal of distress. Sweet, Great lap bird, tame Name. Days of walking get them to a refugee camp and safety, but while the other kids play and adults try to create a sense of normalcy, Sami cannot join in. My Beautiful Birds is a very well-executed book that provides a window into the life of a refugee while also being a pleasure to read. He's frightened by smoke and noise, and his father squeezes his hand and assures him his beautiful birds have escaped, too. Name. Light Brahma personality. Cindy Breed. My Beautiful Birds is a very well-executed book that provides a window into the life of a refugee while also being a pleasure to read.”—Resource Links Suzanne Del Rizzo weaves the story together beautifully with the help of her own illustrations…They are extremely captivating and add even more depth to the already engaging story that accompanies them. Easter Egger Personality. Light Brahma Personality. "― Resource Links Magazine "Suzanne Del Rizzo weaves the story together beautifully with the help of her own illustrations...They are extremely captivating and add even more depth to the already engaging story that accompanies them. A gentle yet moving story of refugees of the Syrian civil war, My Beautiful Birds illuminates the ongoing crisis as it affects its children. And it reveals the hope of generations of … A gentle yet moving story of refugees of the Syrian civil war, My Beautiful Birds illuminates the ongoing crisis as it affects its children. Amy on the right. Amy Breed. My Beautiful Birds is a very well-executed book that provides a window into the life of a refugee while also being a pleasure to read. It is the story of a young, Syrian boy named Sami. And it reveals the hope of generations of … And it reveals the hope of generations of people as they struggle to redefine home. It shows the reality of the refugee camps, where people attempt to pick up their lives and carry on. It shows the reality of the refugee camps, where people attempt to pick up their lives and carry on. Lap bird.