Article shared by: ADVERTISEMENTS: Acid rain is the rain diluted acids, which are formed in the atmosphere. Point 2: What causes acid rain: Acid rain is caused by sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxides. Acid Rain Essay 4 (500 words) Acid Rain can be defined as a type of rain or fog which is acidic in nature. It constitutes air pollutants including two major components i.e, sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxide. Acid rain creates destruction to crops as the rain water which falls on this cultivation is known to kill them and affects the balance in the ecosystem. When this sulphuric acid is absorbed into moisture in the air, poignant rainfalls can […] The gases are mainly produced by burning fossil fuels like coal or natural gas. Negative effects of acid rain on our environment and our health. They react with the water molecules in … Acid Rain: Speech on Acid Rain. Acid Rain includes rain, snow, hail, fog, or dew that is high in acid pollutants, especially sulphuric and nitric acid. Many aquatic creatures that thrive in fresh, natural water find it difficult to breathe in conditions where sea … Keynotes of a Speech on Acid Rain! Acid rain refers to precipitation that is significantly more acidic than natural, unpolluted rain which itself is mildly acidic due to the presence of C02 dissolved in atmospheric moisture forming carbonic acid. Basically, Acid Rain occurs when hazardous gases such as carbon dioxide (CO2), sulphur dioxide (SO2) and nitrogen oxide (NOX) react with rain .Exhaust fumes and open-air burning release carbon dioxide (CO2) into the atmosphere. It is formed when the oxides of sulphur and nitrogen combine together with atmospheric moisture, and they get transformed into sulphuric and nitric acids. Acid Rain is mainly caused by emissions of sulphur dioxide and nitrogen oxide from various sources. Essay on Acid Rain. CO2 (gas) + H2O (liquid) →H2CO3 (Aq) (weak acid) Due to … Speech on Acid Rain (950 Words) Great amount of pollution from cars, factories and an overabundance of garbage is overwhelming the modern society. Acid rain is a form of precipitation (rain, snow, or dry dust) that is acidic in nature. Point 1: Why I choose acid rain: I choose acid rain for my project because I wanted to understand better how the rain becomes to an acid and why it is such a big issue for nature. The immense amounts of sulphur dioxide emitted into the air causes high levels of acid in the atmosphere.