After he began to grasp the magnitude of what had happened to American economic life, he decided to set down his impressions in his diary. Get this from a library! The Great Depression book. The Great Depression: A Diary Paperback – 31 August 2010 by James Ledbetter (Author), Benjamin Roth (Author), Daniel Roth (Author) & 4.4 out of 5 stars 65 ratings.

Excellent article and great reminder! FARMERS I was talking to a friends today. The Great Depression: A Diary - Kindle edition by Roth, Benjamin, Ledbetter, James, Roth, Daniel B.. Download it once and read it on your Kindle device, PC, phones or tablets. My daily routine is drastically different from what it was a few years ago. Life During the Great Depression 01/08/1931. August 6, 1932 Dear Diary, The Great Depression affected me and my family a lot!!!! Very insightful read into what it was like day to day for someone living during the Great Depression.

Diary Entry ( Note: in 1930 black people in the south still didn’t have much of an education so I don’t want you think that I don’t know how to use proper grammar LOL) Great Depression Dear Diary, LIFE Life been quite depressing and we have finally reached the inevitable and we have lost everything. The Great Depression: A Diary, is one of the most fascinating books I've ever read. Before I used to watch my siblings during the day and hang out with my friends during the night. The Great Depression: A Diary is James Ledbetter’s and Daniel Roth’s edited version of Benjamin Roth’s personal diary that he wrote during the financial crisis of the 1930s. ISBN: 1586489011 9781586489014: OCLC Number: 610157609: Notes: Originally published: 2009. The recovery from the Great Depression was spurred largely by the abandonment of the gold standard and the ensuing monetary expansion. This title offers a first-person diary account of living through the Great Depression, with haunting parallels to our own time. If you haven’t read “Great Depression: A Diary” by Benjamin Roth I’d highly recommend it. Benjamin Roth was a lawyer in Youngstown, Ohio during the Great Depression and kept a regular diary of his impressions during the era. After he began to grasp the magnitude of what had happened to American economic life, he decided to set down his impressions in his diary.
Read 77 reviews from the world's largest community for readers. Her aunts family are farmers and she told me all about the hardships they are facing right now. Life During the Great Depression 04/17/1931. Use features like bookmarks, note taking and highlighting while reading The Great Depression: A Diary. Description: xxiv, 256 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm: Contents: See all 6 formats and editions Hide other formats and editions. The Great Depression : a Diary.. [James Ledbetter; Daniel B Roth] -- Benjamin Roth was born in New York City in 1894 and moved shortly thereafter to Youngstown, Ohio. After he began to grasp the magnitude of what had happened to American economic life, he decided to set down his impressions in his diary.