Origin of the name Daniel It is also the basis for various derived given names and surnames. Variation in spelling of the name Danielle. Gabriel—"God is my strength"), and derives from two early biblical figures, primary among them Daniel from the Book of Daniel.It is a common given name for males, and is also used as a surname. A few months earlier, the 48-year-old actress announced her pregnancy … Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz are now parents together. What does Daniel mean? Daniel is a masculine given name and a surname of Hebrew origin. Learn the meaning of Daniel, origin, popularity and more name info. It even comes with a cute nickname, Dani. Daniel has the meaning of 'God is my judge'. D aniel as a boys' name is pronounced DAN-yel.It is of Hebrew origin, and the meaning of Daniel is "God is my judge". It means "God is my judge" (cf. Plus discover thousands of other boy and girl baby names. Rachel gave birth to her first child, a baby girl, with Daniel on Sept. 26. Daniel (DAHN-yahl) Meaning of the name Daniel. If you’re looking for a pretty name that has a trendy element ("–ella”) but veers off in a nontrendy direction, Daniella nails it. Simply enter names you like and let this genius technology inspire you to find the perfect name . Magic Baby Names is a unique search site with 99,878 names collected from 2,304,935 family trees, containing 113,809,485 people. As with the boy’s name that it’s derived from, Daniella has a deep religious connection to the Bible, including the Book of Daniel. But you don't need to trawl through long lists of baby names any more! Meaning of the name Daniel. Listen and learn how to pronounce Daniel so you can get the correct pronunciation for this boy name. Colbert, 54, asked who the little girl — whose name has been kept under wraps by her mother and father, Daniel Craig — took after most. Daniel (masculine) Daniel (feminine) Year : Rank : Percent Used : Rank : Percent Used : 2018 #15: 0.579-- But you don't need to trawl through long lists of baby names any more! Magic Baby Names is a unique search site with 99,878 names collected from 2,303,048 family trees, containing 113,716,312 people. Biblical: the prophet and writer of the book of Daniel was a teenager when he was taken to Babylon after the destruction of Jerusalem in 607 BC. The “James Bond” actor, 50, and the “Disobedience” star, 48, have welcomed a baby girl according to the Daily Mail. Simply enter names you like and let this genius technology inspire you to find the perfect name . With Amazon’s Baby Registry, you can add items from Earth’s biggest selection, get free 90-day returns on most items, and manage your registry on any device whenever—and wherever—you want.