Photo credit Phil Fiddyment. Wild birds are small, and it just takes a heck of a lens to make them look big. If the problem is the bird appearing tiny in the photo, there is not all that much you can do other than to get closer to him. I too have been long waiting the 7dIII. Then there’s the full frame pro or serious enthusiast DSLR body with a Canon or Nikon 400mm, 500mm, 600mm, or even an 800mm prime lens. Matching lens for birding: Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS … Canon EOS 1DX Mark II: My preferred bird photography camera setup is the Canon EOS 1DX Mark II with the EF 200-400 F4-5.6L. D.D photography #canon #DDfoto #nepal #ilam. Canon 90D for Bird Photography? This grouping covers just about every bird-photography situation, from birds at rest to the most challenging erratically flying raptors. This camera has 63 focussing points, shoots 14 frames per second in RAW and has full weather sealing, making it ideal for shooting outdoors in all conditions. The current best crop body for the Nikon system. In the Canon line up only 1D series bodies have this useful feature. For bird photography I like to use a crop body. Posted on November 10, 2018 May 6, 2019 Author Admin Categories Cameras. Over 28% lighter than its predecessor and now the lightest lens in its class, the EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM Lens from Canon is the perfect choice for nature, wildlife and sports photographers. Birders shoot 400mm to 600mm or even 800-1200 by using 1.4x or 2.0x teleconverters.

This lens is one of the most popular lenses for serious wildlife and bird photographers. When comparing the specs of my 10year old 1d4 which I think is great for bird photography to that of the 90d which is just mind blowing in comparison there is no doubt I will definitely be getting one. The zoom is what makes this camera an amazing option for bird photography.

It is suitable for action shooting.

N ikon D500. I'm sure the D400 will be out before long. The autofocus of this camera is exceptional. Rain Sounds 1 Hours | Sound of Rain Meditation | Autogenic Training | Deep Sleep | Relaxing Sounds - Duration: 1:00:01. The increase in effective focal length is a tremendous advantage when shooting in real world scenarios. Canon PowerShot SX70 HS. Canon 7D Mark II. Both DSLR and mirrorless full-frames should be considered. Photo credit Hazel Watson A captive bird of prey taken with the Canon PowerShot SX50 HS.

Check the price of Canon EOS-1D X Mark II here . in Bird Talk. This is my day to day camera. The only serious limitation is the lack of point metering linked to AF point. Canon 7D is the best non-professional Canon body for bird photography, it has highly customisable AF system, fast frame rate (8fps) and good image quality. This photo shows excellent detail as a result of the photographer being able to fill much of the frame with the bird. Combined with the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II you will have all the tools you need to take superb photos of birds.