22. Two thumbs up!

The title is misleading in that it states there is a focus on business. I read the book, hoping to use it in my dissertation. Creativity Inc. is one of the most inspirational, insightful, and honest books I've read in awhile. In that it uses examples from business I really felt the book was about creativity in life. Allison Arden offers ideas and activities to get you back to that more innocent state and to use it to generate a constant stream of ideas for your adult self. 15 Best Books on Coming Up With Genius Ideas ... Getty Images. Creativity Inc: Overcoming the Unseen Forces That Stand in The Way of True Inspiration is the intertwined stories of Ed Catmull and Pixar Animation. It’s more than that, though. This is a great book. Creativity research has come a long way since 1989. Creativity in business is discussed in a roundabout way through the stories of various people, who have succeeded in different fields. Sep 1, 2016. The opinions expressed here by Inc.com columnists are their own, not those of Inc.com.

I think this should be required reading for every undergraduate before the end of their first semester. Creativity is essential in fields like marketing and design, but a little bit of unconventional thinking can go a long way in just about every aspect of business. It may be the best book you’ll ever read about how leaders and organizations can make it possible for people to use their whole creative brain power. The Book of Doing is a book about letting go of your adult hang ups and casting back to when you would let your mind run riot with creativity and ideas. If you're an experienced manager, aspiring leader, or someone who simply enjoys learning about behind the scenes of such an interesting and unique company, then this book …

Creativity, Inc. is a book for managers who want to lead their employees to new heights, a manual for anyone who strives for originality, and the first-ever, all-access trip into the nerve center of Pixar Animation - into the meetings, postmortems, and "Braintrust" sessions where some of the most successful films in history are made.