“You guys comin’ in an’ settin’ made me forget. Curley is the son of the ranch boss, so he's got a big head—which doesn't quite match up with his body. He used to be a lightweight fighter, and he just can't let go of the life: he picks fights just to prove himself on the ranch among other bigger (and better) men. Quote 6 Candy said, “That bitch didn’t ought to of said that to you. Curley’s Wife is the only major female in Steinbeck’s novel, and as such, she represents all women in this short parable about how futile dreams are.

Steinbeck contrasts the world of nature and the world of men. He hates big guys. Spell. He behaves threateningly to Lennie. The bunkhouse is sparsely furnished; it's a dark room with just the essentials of a bunk and place to put gear. In this lesson, we look at chapter two of Of Mice and Men. Curley warns Lennie to … Curley approaches Lennie and asks if he and George are the men the boss has been waiting on. Example: In :Of Mice and Men" in chapter 2 Lennie gets a puppy. quotes from Candy, George, Lennie, Curley's Wife. 136-137) Turns out, there’s a little spark left in Crooks, too. Created by. rozholl16 PLUS. The men in Of Mice and Men dominate the ranch and long, more than anything else, to live peaceful, untroubled lives in the company of other men. Test. Asked by andrea s #392884 on 10/11/2014 5:36 PM Last updated by Matthew R #517920 on 4/11/2016 12:09 AM Answers 3 Add Yours. Answered by Aslan on 10/11/2014 5:44 PM Lennie- "If you don' want me I can g off in the hills an' find a cave. ( Chapter Two) Curley's Wife. Match. Here we meet most of the characters in the novel.

John Steinbeck : Of Mice and Men. . . George says they’ve just arrived, but Curley urges him to “let the big guy talk.” Lennie quietly echoes George’s statement that the two of them have just arrived. ” (2. and "You keep outa this les' you wanta step outside." Curley scowled at him, and turning, hurried out the door. 4 pages of worksheets looking at how Curley and Curley’s wife are presented in Chapter 2. The lesson covers the following objectives: The lesson covers the following objectives: Posted by deborahmarieoneill in Uncategorized ≈ Leave a comment. PLAY. A girl was standing there looking in.
Curley warns … Chapter 2. tell you what. Curley approaches Lennie and asks if he and George are the men the boss has been waiting on. We investigate the character by … Chapter Summary for John Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men, chapter 2 summary.

Today's video is Section 1 (Part 1/2) in a series of videos dedicated to George from Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck. Of Mice and Men - Chapter 2 quotes. Chapter 1 George Milton "Lennie—if you jus' happen to get in trouble like you always done before, I want you to come right here an' hide in the brush… Hide in the brush till I come for you." Important Quotes “Of mice and men” 06 Friday Dec 2013. 'girl' 'full rouged lips' 'red mules with little bouquets of red ostrich feathers' 'heavily made up' 1 of 10. One of the characters we meet in Chapter 2 is Curley's wife. Curley's Wife - Chapter 2 This chapter introduces all of the other characters to feature in the novel. The only female character who has an active role in the book is Curley’s wife, who, significantly, Steinbeck never names, and identifies only in … First negative impressions of her. The bunkhouse is an unadorned building where the men sleep on “burlap ticking” and keep their few possessions in apple boxes that have been nailed to the walls. George said, "Ya know, Lennie, I'm scared I'm gonna tangle with that bastard myself. 2 Comments. Once the story shifts from the natural setting of Chapter 1 to the bunkhouse in Chapter 2, things change considerably. Today's video is Section 1 (Part 1/2) in a series of videos dedicated to George from Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck. English Literature; Of Mice and Men; GCSE; AQA; Created by : Phoebewarren1508; Created on: 29-02-16 10:41; Description. Justice. With page numbers.

by Janet Lewison. Curley is a "thin young man with a brown face, with brown eyes and a head of tightly curled hair." Quotes Symbols Themes Author Biography ... Curley is a bully who feels threatened by bigger guys and constantly wants to prove his manhood by fighting them. Answered by jill d #170087 on 8/19/2016 7:35 PM In Chapter Two, Curley, a haughty young man, enters the bunk looking for the boss, who is his father. Chapter 2 introduces the ranch. Napoleon Complex. In chapter two, we travel with George and Lennie to a new job.

What she says is true. She had full, rouged lips and wide-spaced eyes, heavily made up. ” “It wasn’t nothing,” Crooks said dully.

She is perhaps one of the more complex characters – neither ‘all bad’ like Curley, or ‘all good’ like Slim. Write. Asked by David #546723 on 8/19/2016 6:37 PM Last updated by David #546723 on 8/19/2016 7:42 PM Answers 2 Add Yours. Even Lennie feels the sense of menace when Curley first comes into the bunkhouse. The atmosphere of Chapter Two is immediately hostile and uncomfortable: George suspects that his bed is infested, the Boss suspects that George and Lennie are trying to pull a fast one, Candy is miserable and decrepit, Curley is looking for a fight, Curley's wife is vamping around suspiciously.

In chapter two, Candy specifically tells George and Lennie about Curly's wife.