Not interested in equal opps, mainly interested in raising standards…. Using publicly available statewide administrative education data, and two quasi-experimental methodologies, I assess whether the policy had an effect on the district-wide distribution of teachers with varying levels of experience, education and licensure and on student academic performance. The New Right’s 1988 Education Act. It also discusses the impact of these policies in relation to social exclusion, inequality and poverty. Educational Policy Analysis Essay 1944 Words 8 Pages Educational policies are the rules, guidelines and or boundaries that have shaped my career as student, a teacher and most recently as an educational administrator. • Parentocracy – parents get to choose schools. Education essays Our education theory essays and dissertations cover many popular topics, including pedagogy, andragogy, curriculum, learning, and education policy, organisation and leadership, educational thought, and much more. This was responded through the 1988 Education Reform Act. • League tables to be published. Throughout my career I have not questioned always questioned the reasons for the development of these policies. This means that the conservative government believe the possible way to revive the education system was to take control of the provision and policy of education from the hands of local authority and teaching professionals and centralized it to the central government. This essay discusses influences of social policy development in education over the last 30 years. • Marketisation – schools have to compete like businesses for students.