Mormon Enigma: Emma Hale Smith, Prophet’s Wife, “Elect Lady,” Polygamy’s Foe, 1804–1879. Emma raised her as her own daughter, and Elizabeth Agnes eventually married Emma's biological son, Alexander Hale Smith. Find a Grave, database and images (https://www.findagrave.com: accessed ), memorial page for Emma Hale Smith (10 Jul 1804–30 Apr 1879), Find a Grave Memorial no. When the boy, Charles, was 4 years old, Emma took him in and raised him as her own. even the wife of my youth: and the choice of my heart.” 2. . . Charles Abercrombie: After 17 years of marriage, Emma's second husband, Lewis Bidamon, had a child with another woman named Nancy Abercrombie. 6272751, citing Smith Family Cemetery, Nauvoo, Hancock County, Illinois, USA ; Maintained by John J (contributor 46505431) . On January 18, 1827, Joseph Smith married Emma Hale 1 in South Bainbridge, New York. In late 1825, Joseph Smith was working as a hired hand on a farm in South Bainbridge, New York. EMMA HALE. “My Great-Great-Grandmother, Emma Hale Smith,” Ensign, Aug. 1992, 30. Baptized into Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by Oliver Cowdery, 28 June 1830, at Colesville, Broome Co., Join Facebook to connect with Emma Hale Smith and others you may know. Emma Hale Smith 4 Church at Colesvill & to performing thy labours on the Land.”16 In early August, a few weeks following these three revelations, Newel and Sally Knight traveled from Colesville, New York, to visit Joseph and Emma Smith in Harmony, Pennsylvania. By Gracia N. Jones. View the profiles of people named Emma Hale Smith. Emma Hale Smith Bidamon (10. heinäkuuta 1804 – 30. huhtikuuta 1879) oli myöhempien aikojen pyhien liikkeen perustajan Joseph Smithin vaimo aina tämän kuolemaan 1844.Hän oli miehensä perustaman uskonliikkeen tärkeitä varhaiskauden johtajia omalla oikeudellaan, vaikuttaen sekä kirkon teologiaan että sen spiritualiteettiin. He was tasked with finding and unearthing buried treasure presumed to be located there. Garden City, NY: Doubleday, 1984. Joseph boarded at the nearby home of Isaac Hale, where … Im Laufe dieser zwei Jahre hielt Joseph Smith zweimal bei Isaac Hale um die Hand dessen Tochter an, wurde aber beide Male abgewiesen, da er »ein Fremder« war. Emma was born on July 10, 1804, the seventh of nine children, and grew up in Harmony, Pennsylvania. Emma Hale Smith Bidamon (July 10, 1804 – April 30, 1879) was the first wife of Joseph Smith and a leader in the early days of the Latter Day Saint movement, both during Joseph's lifetime and afterward as a member of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (RLDS Church). Daher heiratete Emma Hale als … Emma Hale Smith was the wife of Joseph Smith Jr., the founder of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Ever since the Prophet Joseph died as a martyr in Carthage, Illinois, some Latter-day Saints have felt disappointment that Joseph’s wife Emma did not go with the Church in … In 1842, Joseph reflected, “What transports of joy swelled my bosom, when I took by the hand on that night, my beloved Emma[,] . 6. Emma Hale und Joseph SMITH lernten einander kennen, als dieser mit seinem Vater nach Harmony kam, um für einen Bekannten der Familie Hale, Josiah Stowell (oder Stoal) zu arbeiten.