I … In a straight-up fight (which Quirrell would never enter) QQ stands no chance. Voldemort is an ancient wizard with intense powers. Had Snape been in Quirrell's place in SS Harry would probably have touched him, too. Voldemort is the character that people hate, however is necessary in order for people to really love Harry Potter. Quirrell thrashed uselessly in the ropes where he was propped against the base of a tree, but his efforts were futile. Quirrell is about to finish Harry off with the Killing Curse when Harry defends himself by placing his hands on Quirrell’s face. Harry beat Quirrell. Only because Quirrell was foolish enough to let Harry touch him. Quirrell spent the 1991-1992 school year – Harry’s first at Hogwarts – working on an attempt to steal the Philosopher’s Stone, and thus bring Voldemort back to life. ... Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone — Film vs. Book Quiz ... How does Quirrell stop Harry from running away? Then Cub began to wave his wand in a hypnotic pattern and chanted, each word echoing with power, giving an ethereal effect to his young voice. 2. Ch. When Harry and Quirrell are battling, and Voldemort orders Quirrell to kill Harry, this is an example of _____ action. Realizing that Harry has the Stone, Voldemort has Quirrell reveal him. Even if DD doesn't have all of QQ's ancient magic, he does have the Elder Wand. Trying for nonchalance, I leaned against a barrier. Though both are official titles in their separate regions, the original (and, in my opinion as a British citizen, the only) title is Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. (For more on how Quirrell affects the book's balance between good and evil, check out our theme discussion of "Good vs. Why do Ron and Harry see different things when they look into the Mirror of Erised? Role Tricked by Quirrell and Defeat. The Troll was lured into Hogwarts by Professor Quirrell who claimed that the Troll was in the dungeons, but this was just a lie as the troll now already roaming in the girl's bathroom, where he found and attempted to kill Hermione. Falling. Quirrell could kill Dumbledore, perhaps, if he were fighting creatively. Evil.") Quirrell would still have killed Harry had Dumbledore not saved him. When Harry first meets Quirrell, he has adopted a turban for everyday wear. 2: Harry Potter vs. Quirinus Quirrel "The station is here somewhere," I murmured. Quirrell was not yet possessed by Voldemort at the time when he shook Harry's hand in the Leaky Cauldron. Solid. 300 The "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" movie was almost a step-by-step reenactment of the book itself, but some key moments, characters and points simply disappeared or were changed. While Quirrell acts like a meek, scaredy-cat instructor, as Voldemort he's doing all kinds of nasty things, like killing unicorns. Harry Potter is the character that everyone loves given his role. I knew I had to walk into one of the barriers, but which one? 300. Fawkes is the difficult factor, though. Voldemort has Quirrell physically attack Harry, but Quirrell’s skin burns when it comes in contact with Harry’s. Admittedly, it had been a very long time since I'd gone to school. Harry’s first Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher is a clever young wizard who took a ‘Grand Tour’ around the world before taking up his teaching post at Hogwarts. Both Ron and Harry desire different things. Harry Potter is a relatively novice wizard in terms of magical abilities given his age when compared to Voldemort. 1. Seventh Horcrux. Cub's spellwork held strong.