History personal statement example 2 “History was always my most favourite subject at school so deciding on it as a degree was easy. That depends very much on the subject. It’s important that even (sparingly used) anecdotes about other people ultimately reveal something about you in a personal statement. When writing a personal statement, do not ever think of writing unnecessary factors about yourself, they are not interested in those things.

Until my AS year, I had never completed a full school year. Our Oxbridge personal statements service is designed for those who aspire to academic excellence. Each of the 4,000 characters is as painful as watching polytechnics trying to convince us they’re relevant. Sample Statement of Research Proposal and Personal Statement for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship Application—Student #2 Statement of Research Proposal Studying Computer Speech, Text, and Internet Technology at Cambridge will provide me with the necessary background to pursue my future career. Sample History Personal Statement. Writing a personal statement for Cambridge is agonising.

The study of History has always been a profound interest of mine; I find delving into the past a truly invigorating experience. History – 2013 (Cambridge, Durham, Sheffield, Warwick, York) When I was younger I saw history only as a series of important characters and their decisions. This encompasses the history you have studied in the last year or so, your submitted essays, any history you have told us about in your personal statement and anything you have read. To what extent does the personal statement form the basis of the interview at Cambridge? It doesn’t even come from a great work of literature – it’s from a novel for young adults, which is unlikely to command the respect of the admissions tutors. Applying; Careers in Art History; Find out more; Graduate Courses; Info. The personal statement opens with a pretentious-sounding quote, which, let’s face it, the student probably found from Googling “quotes about English literature”. I am a member of the Travelling Showman community and spent several months a year travelling and working with my family's Fair. It’s good that I connect this family history to my own interests. This along with my previous academic experience at college has widened my perceptions of the subject and given me an appetite for more learning. Typically science and maths interviews will make very little reference to it, while subjects that applicants usually haven’t taken at A-level might refer to it more.

In preparation for the 2018 admissions deadline on the 15th October, we’ve put together our top tips and advice in the first of a series of posts about the Cambridge admissions process Here are 5 easy ways to avoid the admissions bin and get an interview.... We use cookies to ensure the best user experience and to serve tailored advertising. Cambridge - History. Jane, 17, spent two days crafting her personal statement on her university application form this year.. She was applying for a place at Cambridge University to study history. Cambridge Personal Statements . I had hoped that the visit would help me see the individuality of each victim, but learnt that it is also important to consider the humanity of the perpetrators. The most important thing to know is that you do not need to have studied History of Art before. Learn more. I was self-taught from the Easter holidays until September.

Personal Statement

History. The University of Cambridge's Supplementary Application Questionnaire, which all applicants are asked to complete after submitting their UCAS application, includes specific questions that allow students to expand on or fill in gaps in their personal statements. History Personal Statement (Oxbridge) In February 2014 I had the opportunity to visit Auschwitz-Birkenau with the Holocaust Educational Trust after a competitive application process. Please note UCAS will detect any form of plagiarism. Want to stand out and get noticed with your Oxbridge personal statement? Category:Cambridge personal statements; TSR Wiki > University > Applying to University > Personal Statements > PSs by University > Cambridge PSs. By enhancing my knowledge of past events I can more effectively evaluate the future implications of episodes of history. This page (which you can edit) is part of The Student Room's information and advice about Oxford and Cambridge (known collectively as Oxbridge). Upon completion of this History personal statement for Cambridge . A personal statement is a 4000 character piece of writing that is key for university applications. In all likelihood, your personal history has shaped your research interests, and your statement of purpose shouldn’t sound like a generic, lifeless script.