I had a short study group with some class mates and for some of the concepts we couldn’t grasp we used word association, and I was able to remember all of those organisms, so that’s obviously a technique I’ll have to employ on This semester, Biology II, I have not read the entire text as the instructor made it clear the material on tests was all in the handouts and powerpoint presentations, and time is not there. Make sure to study the flashcards in both directions (looking at the word and saying the definition, and looking at the definition and saying the word). There are several aspects that might need to be clarified. DNA from the Beginning by Cold Spring Harbor Labs My Micro class was a drag.

Although our final was on 100 disease in which we had to remember the pathogen/mode of transmission/signs and symptoms/reservoir. How to Study at the Last Minute. I teach Microbiology for II year MBBS students and i feel many students share your distress. And … Continue reading "How To Study Microbiology For Step 1" The key here is – a little studying more often is better than a … There are many online resources. (Great links at the bottom) Jun 28, 2007 by GottaGetIn. For Immuno, the Abbas book "Basic Immunology" is an outstanding book since it is small and concise. Tips for Studying Medical Microbiology. Some 2nd year students told me they used this book instead of the recommended text (which is also Medical Microbiology) for our micro portion. And it is one of the easiest topics to get easy points.

I read all of the material given in class and the powerpoint material. You had the best of intentions to study well in advance of your exam, but you ended up getting distracted by other commitments and now you have to study at the last minute. I usually study an hour and then take ten minute break, several times a day sometimes.
You will notice that larger textbooks of microbiology are not listed here, we are voting for those books that are specifically useful in the step 1 … As far as study groups go, I usually meet with my friend and go over the slides every week, and I also meet some other friends and him the day before the test to review. It is the largest learned microbiological society in Europe with a worldwide membership based in universities, industry, hospitals, research institutes and schools. Step 1: Review before class . Keep them with you. As much as you want to memorize, really try to sit down and understand the "concepts". Microbiology 1-10 I give it a 5 , good luck to you, just take your time and study! Post and Poll Options were last updated on August 25th, 2013. DNA from the Beginning by Cold Spring Harbor Labs Biochemistry of DNA/replication/etc. You will get 7 to 8 questions per block on your exam. 437 Posts; 3,921 Profile Views. I study for an hour at a time and take a break in between for at least ten minutes.