Cheltenham: Nelson Thornes. GIBBS, G. (1988) Learning by Doing: A Guide to Teaching and Learning Methods. ... (Jasper, 2003). Text from Jasper, M. (2003).

Dementia essay 1. Human Rights Act 1998: Elizabeth ll. Jasper (2003) states that at the evaluation stage of Gibbs’ reflective cycle (Gibbs, 1988) we need to look at the way the experience made us feel and react and make a value judgement by asking ourselves what was good and bad about the experience.

You are expected to apply a reflective framework of your choice and support your reflection with appropriate references.

P r o c e d i a - S o c i a l a n d B e h a v i o r a l S c i e n c e s 9 3 ( 2 0 1 3 ) 1 3 6 8 – 1 3 7 0 1877-0428 2013 The Authors. Reflective Journal - Other bibliographies - in Harvard style . The benefits of reflection for professional practice are increasingly recognized in academic literature ( Schön, 1991 , Illeris and Nordgård, 2012 , Moon, 2013 , Rosser et al., 2013 ). This piece of reflection will focus on my experiences whilst on practice placement; I will be using the (Gibbs 1988, cited in Jasper 2003) model of reflection. Moon, J. Reflective Writing – some initial guidance for students.

Chapter 42.
(Rolfe, Freshwater, & Jasper, 2001) to structure this and the following is guidance regarding reflective writing and structuring your piece. Learning Support Tutor: Disability Advisory Service: KCL,. Beginning Reflective Practice. Cycle originally appears in Gibbs, G. (1988). London: The Stationery Office. It offers a framework for examining experiences, and given its cyclic nature lends itself particularly well to repeated experiences, allowing you to learn and plan from things that either went well or didn’t go well.

1998. The action plan should be time limited, it should be clear what you need to do, how Learning by doing: a guide to teaching and learning methods.

It is usually written in the first person (I, me, my) because it discusses personal experiences. Using Gibbs’ Reflective Cycle. Gibb's reflective cycle ... event occur again it will be the focus of another reflective cycle. Supporting reflective practice and writing reflective commentaries ... the cycle. Cheltenham: Nelson Thomas LTD. GREAT BRITAIN.

Book. Beginning Reflective Practice (Foundations in Nursing and Health Care). Gibbs's reflective cycle can inform debriefing practice. This article refers to the Gibbs reflective cycle to analyse a violent incident involving a patient with mental health and alcohol dependence problems that occurred in the author's ED. Jasper (2003) suggests that reflection is one of the key ways in which we can learn from our experiences.

Oxford: Blackwell Publishing cited in M. JASPER, 2003. The purpose of this assignment is to reflect upon an incident witnessed on a recent clinical placement, and for this I will use the Gibbs (1988) reflective cycle (see appendix 1). University of Leeds . Beginning Reflective Practice – Foundations in Nursing and Health Care. Gibbs' Reflective Cycle was developed by Graham Gibbs in 1988 to give structure to learning from experiences.

Reflection: Importance, theory and practice . London: Further Education Unit. Change style ... Jasper, M., 2003. Gibbs's reflective cycle is a theory comprised of a six-stage cycle to guide reflection for learners. Cycle may not take into account the difference between teaching practice and the requirements or expectations of learners.- (Jasper 2003) Explains that Gibbs’ model comes from an educational context as opposed to a practical context.However Ghaye and Lillyman (2006) state that it is miscontructed as ideal for only negative experiences. Gibbs cycle … Reflective model adapted from Jasper (2003) and Driscoll (2007) Reflective writing involves documenting, questioning and assessing your practice.

Published by Elsevier Ltd. Open access under CC BY-NC-ND license. Paul White, Julie Laxton and Dr Ruth Brooke .