Finish this thought: if I could change one thing about myself (if you can't think of anything, you might want to consider telling how you got to be perfect!) Unfortunately, it's not easy to think of great topics that you can write about. journal writing prompts. Journal Writing Ideas and Insights a Psychologist: As early as 1965, psychologist Ira Progoff and his colleagues began seeing the value of personal journals in enhancing growth and learning. Choose a favorite positive affirmation or one on which you’d like to elaborate.

Choose a meaningful quote that resonates or that makes you want to argue with it.. 3. 7. Affirmation journaling ideas. A meaningful quote journal idea.

Progoff believed what he called an “intensive journal process” could “draw each person’s life toward wholeness at its own tempo."

6. Brainyquote.com is one place you can look for quotes that get you thinking — and writing — about something important to you. Write out the best or the worst day of your life. 8. That's why we have created this list of 59 journaling ideas. Have you ever struggled to come up with ideas for what to write in your journal? 5.
Write about your favorite childhood toy. As a writer, I find that keeping a daily journal is a great way to organize my thoughts, think of great ideas, and learn to live in the present moment. 2. journal writing prompts.