Macbeth does murder sleep.'" Macbeth does murder sleep' - the innocent sleep, sleep that knits up the raveled sleave of care, the death of each day's life, sore labor's bath, balm of hurt minds, great nature's second voice, chief nourisher in life's feast. Macbeth speaks these lines as he starts to doubt his plan to murder Duncan. Macbeth, Act … An Avaricious Woman - Lady Macbeth "Glamis thou art, and Cawdor; and shalt be What thou art promised: yet do I fear thy nature; It is too full o' the milk of human kindness To catch the nearest way: thou wouldst be great; Art not without ambition, but without The illness should attend it."
He describes being unable to motivate himself to take action by likening himself to a rider who cannot use his spurs to motivate his horse to go faster. Is this a dagger which I see before me The handle toward my hand? Act 2 Scene 2.

Macbeth. This forces Lady Macbeth to go to Duncan’s bed-chamber to complete the deed, by returning the knives that will cast suspicion on the guards, whom she drugged earlier with a sedative. He uses a complicated metaphor that compares his experience to horse-riding. The voices are nothing more than Macbeth’s moral conscience seeping through, no longer able to be suppressed. Quotes Act 2, Scenes 1-2. Language Terms / Techniques , Macbeth Quotes Act 1 Scene 7 - Act 2 Scene 2, Macbeth Quotes Act. (Act 2, Scene 1) This quote reflects the fact that Macbeth murdered Duncan in his sleep. Macbeth 4.3.70-3 In this scene, Malcolm is describing how MacBeth has become to MacDuff. Malcolm is describing Macbeth as the deadliest of all man that has power to kill. Macbeth lists metaphors about sleep, a motif of the play. This quote represents the theme because it is centered around MacBeth's greed toward power. 2.