Careful… Test writers may ask you: “Another good title for this passage would be…” It’s just a way of asking for the main idea. Main Idea Worksheet 3 – Students practice identifying main ideas while reading exciting passages about robots and robotic technologies. Main Idea Every story or paragraph has a main idea. Practice Summarize each passage in one sentence, including the main idea. Understanding Main Idea You must comprehend the text. Often the reader can find the main idea just by looking at the title. SPI 0301.6.4 Identify main idea and supporting details in a text. After a small reading group discussion, this story was born. ... Ereading Worksheet. Main Idea & Supporting Details Wash Publishing Co. 2009 Main Idea The main idea is the “big point” or the most important idea that the writer is communicating to the reader. This idea came about after I saw my students were still struggling with Main Idea and Supporting Details. Write an appropriate title for the passage. I was searching for another way to explain it to them in a way they would remember and could make connections. Main Idea and Supporting Details Third Grade SPI 0301.6.2 Identify the stated main idea in a selection. The main idea tells you what the story is about. Pete's PowerPoint Station is your destination for free PowerPoint presentations for kids and teachers about Main Idea, and so much more. The …

Focus on the BIGGEST idea. Main Idea Worksheets. ... Main Idea Lesson – An animated PowerPoint slideshow explaining what main idea …