Summary of Phenomenal Woman by Maya Angelou. Maya Angelou's work is more of an autobiography since it tells of the life experience of the character called Marguerite's also called "My" or "Maya" and the challenges that she undergoes. Essay On New Directions By Maya Angelou. This character is highly agreed I various literary works to be the author immersed in the novel and talking of her challenges in the life path. Conclusion Paragraph For Maya Angelou. Analysis of Angelou and Barnlund The separation of two different worlds often results in the lack of ability to communicate between one another. Sergejs Golubevs.Mrs.Dunton.Engl.82Maya Angelou.Maya Angelou, born April 4, 1928 as Marguerite Johnson in St. Louis, was raised in segregated rural Arkansas. Still I Rise by Maya Angelou Literary Analysis Essay For dust to rise, it must be unsettled from the ground in order for it to leave and rise, which represents Angelou’s overcoming of racism. When the story opens, Marguerite (Maya) Johnson and her brother, Bailey Johnson Jr., are three- and four-years-old, and they're on a train from California to Arkansas. As an author, poet, and entertainer, she is known best for her strong portrayal of African-American women. Maya Angelou's famous poem 'Still I Rise' is part of a 1978 collection similarly titled 'And Still I Rise.' Maya Angelou has dedicated her life to end prejudices faced by many black females in the 20th century. In Maya Angelou’s excerpt “Mary,” Angelou depicts the story of a girl named Marguerite who is employed as a slave in Mrs. Cullinan’s home. Angelou, Maya Essay 863 Words | 3 Pages. Her success without essential feminine traits surprises pretty women and they often want to know the secret of her success. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings Summary . Some of her most outstanding work is the series of autobiographies that she wrote telling about her childhood. We get the feeling that they have bad/absent parents because, um, who puts toddlers on trains by themselves? Her oppressors are on the “ground” and because they have ‘unsettled’ her by treating her wrongly, she has decided to be strong which results in her rising above them all, challenging racism. Stanza 1: “Phenomenal Woman” begins with a savage attack on stereotypes.She proudly declares that neither she has an hourglass figure, nor she has a cute face. By Maya Angelou. She is a poet, historian, author, actress, playwright, civil-rights activist, and director. Maria Alejandra Silva Ms. Bailey English I Block A 17 January 2013 Maya Angelou, within amazing stories has revealed the importance of perseverance, staying strong in moments of struggle, having the will to overcome difficulties, as well as having dreams that sometimes seem unreachable and yet believing that it is a gift to survive.