This is my promise as a mental health nurse. View all blog posts under Articles | View all blog posts under Master of Science in Nursing. I then had a sore throat headache, and my glands in my throat really hurt, so I stayed home and self isolated. Participate in mental health screening if offered by your employer and seek support as needed. The latest blog posts from Mental Health @ Home, a no holds barred look at all things mental health from a mental health nurse living with depression. I've worked in a medium secure forensic mental health facility, agency work, in an Auckland prison with inmates presenting challenging mental health problems as well as in Australia. As the prevalence for individuals requiring inpatient psychiatric treatment and stabilization has increased over the years, more and more nurses are becoming curious as to what a psychiatric-mental health nurse actually does on a given shift. 6:15am – Just finished breakfast and its time to leave the house, mornings start early on a ward!. She is also author of the book “Can’t Find My Way Home: Memoir of a Wounded Healer,” a memoir about her journey growing up among mental and neurological illnesses. Show Hide. In addition to a mental health assessment, we also do a physical assessment.

A Day in the Life of a Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse. Tayler tells us all about what it is like to be on placement as a Mental Health Nursing student.

I had patients coughing unintentionally on or around me, and started to feel ill. First with extreme joint pain, then gastric symptoms such as stomach cramping, nausea, and diarrhea all night. Shanda is a registered nurse, Clinical Nurse Leader, Caritas Coach and a Doctor of Nursing Practice student. Oct 15, 2018 | Blog, Nursing Careers. A registered mental health nurse since 2000. Do not wait until you are in crisis. How to Become a Mental Health Nurse. Supervisors and employers of nurses: Provide mental health screening.

7:30am – Arrived at the ward in time to get a handover of what’s been happening for each of our service users.Nurse in charge (NIC) allocates everyone’s role for first hour. Mental health nurses are responsible for providing care to some of the most vulnerable members of society: those with mental health disorders.

Comments. If you have thoughts about suicide or you are in crisis, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255).

Comments.