Robert Graves’s most popular book is The Crowning Privilege: Collected Essays on Poetry. These books have been televised widely thus leading to its popularity. Details. The Right Stuff. Robert Graves, English poet, novelist, critic, and classical scholar who carried on many of the formal traditions of English verse in a period of experimentation. Looking for books by Robert Graves? The single-volume edition is handy and the type not as small as I feared (which is a concern to anyone with less than perfect eyesight when it comes to 'condensed' books). Author: Robert Graves Rating: 4.05 out of 5. King Jesus is a semi-historical novel by Robert Graves, first published in 1946.The novel treats the historical Jesus not as the Son of God, but rather as a philosopher with a legitimate claim to the Judaean throne through Herod the Great, as well as the Davidic monarchy; and treats numerous Biblical stories in an unorthodox manner. Robert wrote the first book (I, Claudius) in the series in 1934. The first came out in the 20s and was raw and popular and controversial. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Robert Graves is widely-remembered for his love for poetry and also for the times that he got several accolades as an appreciation for his great works. Robert von Ranke Graves (24 July 1895 – 7 December 1985) was a British poet, historical novelist, critic, and classicist.His father was Alfred Perceval Graves, a celebrated Irish poet and figure in the Gaelic revival; they were both Celticists and students of Irish mythology.Graves produced more than 140 works. He wrote its new edition in the year 1957. His more than 120 books also include a notable historical novel, I, Claudius (1934); an autobiographical classic of World War I, He went from school to the First World War, where he … Robert Graves’s most popular book is I, Claudius (Claudius, #1). The second came out in the 50s and was somewhat bowdlerized by the author, because several of the people involved were still alive. A new edition of Robert Graves’ The White Goddess: A Historical Grammar of Poetic Myth is available October 8 th from Farrar, Straus and Giroux! Ships from and sold by Max Booker. Despised for his weakness and regarded by his family as little more than a stammering fool, the nobleman Claudius quietly survives the intrigues, bloody purges and mounting cruelty of the imperial Roman dynasties. Millions of words have poured forth about man’s trip to the moon, but until now, few … See all books authored by Robert Graves, including I, Claudius, and Good-bye to All That: An Autobiography, and more on ThriftBooks.com. His more than 120 books also include a notable historical novel, I, Claudius (1934); an autobiographical classic of World War I, Everyday low prices and free delivery on … Only 1 left in stock - order soon. 5 Must-Read Books By British Writer Robert Graves Share this article: Within the annals of the English literary greats, Robert Graves’ reputation is formed largely around his great poems of War , written through his active service in the trenches of World War 1 as a young man barely out of his teens. Robert Graves, English poet, novelist, critic, and classical scholar who carried on many of the formal traditions of English verse in a period of experimentation. Robert Graves has 281 books on Goodreads with 328638 ratings. There were two editions of this Robert Graves Classic: "Goodbye to All That" made by the author during his lifetime. This item:The Greek Myths: The Complete And Definitive Edition by Robert Graves Paperback $52.84. Robert Graves was born in 1895 in Wimbledon, the son of Irish writer Perceval Graves and Amalia Von Ranke. The Odyssey by Homer Paperback $12.20. I, Claudius is a historical novel by English writer Robert Graves, first published in 1934.Written in the form of an autobiography of the Roman Emperor Claudius, it tells the history of the Julio-Claudian dynasty and the early years of the Roman Empire, from Julius Caesar's assassination in 44 BC to Caligula's assassination in AD 41. Buy Graves and the Goddess: Essays on Robert Graves's the White Goddess by Lindop, Grevel, Firla, Ian (ISBN: 9781575910550) from Amazon's Book Store. I loved dipping into my father's two-volume edition as a teenager and always wanted my own copy. Robert Graves's Greek Myths isn't new to me. Robert Graves has 286 books on Goodreads with 325827 ratings.