Books 1 & 2 we're almost the exact same story, with a bit of a change in book 3. I know you said you don't like a lot of mass market romance, but historical romances set in Scotland is pretty much a sub genre unto itself. Set against in a creepy old water mill in Scotland, BONE DEEP explores secrets, local legends, sibling rivalry, and family fallouts. These are my top five books set in Scotland. Added to basket. Our Best New Books. Wildfire at Midnight by Mary Stewart Set on the beautiful island of Skye this is a great yarn of murder, mystery and magic. This author could take these books and develop them into something great. I'm glad the first book was a free read. I’d love to hear about yours. Not a Diet Book. There was no proof reading and many mistakes were in all three books. Added to basket. 1. Mac is a retired professor, researching local legends.
Also you can't go wrong with Diana Gabaldon's Outlander novels, mind you they're all 600+ pages ! Added to basket. Like the novels of James Michener, The Princes of Ireland brilliantly interweaves engrossing fiction and well-researched fact to capture the essence of a place. 5 YA fantasy books set in Scotland. If you’ve a favourite that you think I should have included in the list then please add a comment below or send me a tweet (@alyswestyork). Next. It's set in the north of Scotland and is a really gripping read. I heartily recommend The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley. From the internationally bestselling author of London and Sarum comes a magnificent epic about love and war, family life, and political intrigue in Ireland over the course of seventeen centuries.

Filed Under: Books. So, we're going to Scotland during Summer! The books read like a first take on a book to get the ideas down on paper. My boyfriend gave the idea that I read a few books set in Scotland, to get in the mood for the trip, and I thought the idea was fabulous! You might want to check romance review sites like Smart Bitches Trashy Books, All About Romance, etc. I think it'll be even more atmospheric to…

Caper set on a chase through Scotland, romance, archaeological history, and just great fun. The literary capital of Scotland is generally thought to be Edinburgh, but Glasgow has its fair share of brilliant authors, many of whom have penned novels set in the city.

Whether hot off the press or about to hit the shelves, this is where you will find the latest titles.

The first volume of a trilogy from an exciting new voice in young adult fantasy, this electrifying thriller blends romance and action with steampunk technology and Scottish lore in a deliciously addictive read. It will be lots of fun and hopefully the weather will help!

£12.99 £10.99. From established authors to the next big thing, this parade of new publishing keeps you up-to-the-minute on the freshest new reading.