These scary words are what you need when you’re looking to terrify, frighten, or torture your reader or listener. ... Descriptive writing As I stumble almost blindly through the deep, black forest. I slowly walked towards the house, the leaves crunching under my feet.

The Haunted Forest Jenna Cytrowski, Grade 7, Millicent North Primary School Short Story 2010 One bright morning I decided I would go for an early walk to clear my head. The lightening lit up the house and the thunder made me jump. The trees stood proud and tall as protectors of the exigent grounds, as the impregnated bushes that had consumed the hard regions of the forest, concealed the land from beneath the vibrant portals … I can only see faint glows through the dense and gloomy leaves. I can smell the water from the rain, my nostrils are filled with damp. The house was dark and gloomy. It was a dark, cold night. I left the house in a flash, without telling my parents where I was going. Scary Words There is so much power in words. The dark shadows of the voluminous trees and puzzled bushes had become the structure of the forest.

Some words used to describe a forest could be woodsy, earthly, green, natural, and leafy. The isolated forest remained in a capsule, untouched by the destructive essence of man. A forest is a vast wooded area. As I stumble almost blindly through the deep, black forest. The broken gates were open, creaking in the wind and felt wet and as cold as ice. On either side were scary gargoyles. 100 Scary Words To Chill You To Your Core By Jerome London Updated September 15, 2018.