Still I Rise by Maya Angelou. You may write me down in history. Make poetry come to life with comics! 'Cause I walk like I've got oil wells. Pumping in my living room. “Still I Rise” by Maya Angelou is one of her most famous poems, written in her third volume of poetry called And Still I Rise, published in 1978.The message is about the resiliency, strength, and beauty that black communities continue to show through hundreds of years of … Why are you beset with gloom? (B) Does my sassiness upset you? Why are you beset with gloom? Why are you beset with gloom? Does my sassiness upset you? Weakened by my soulful cries. she speaks of slavery - however, It can be attributed to any aspect of control or domination of a person, physically or mentally. Still I Rise, Feminist Poem Analysis. The rhyme scheme starts off as 'A-B-C-B' until the last two verses where it changes to 'A-B-A-B-C-C' and the again for the last verse where it changes to 'A-B-A-B-C-C-B-B-B'. i need this a.s.a.p!!!!! Still I Rise has a positive and strong tone throughout the entire poem. Does my haughtiness offend you? The poem still I rise is written by Maya Angelou; an African American poet, educator and civil-rights activist. inspiration - you can't keep me down - I still rise above any adversity. She is speaking to her audience about how she has overcome racism, criticism, sexism, and personal obstacles in her life with pride and grace. Pumping in my living room. Pumping in my living room. Still I Rise is a poem written with Maya Angelou herself as the speaker. Did you want to see me broken? You may write me down in history. Aligned with Common Core Standards. With your bitter, twisted lies, You may trod me in the very dirt. ... she will still rise. Themes & Symbolism. But still, like dust, I’ll rise. Question: What is the tone of the poem Still I Rise? Still I Rise by Maya Angelou. WHAT IS THE MOOD OF STILL I RISE BY MAYA ANGELOU? Does my sassiness upset you? Does my sassiness upset you? Why are you beset with gloom? ‘Cause I walk like I’ve got oil wells. Shoulders falling down like teardrops. Share this Lesson Plan: Featured Layouts. ... Lv 6. Including these awesome activities: Figurative Language. But still, like air, I'll rise. 1 decade ago. Diggin' in my own back yard. Then in stanza 3 and 4, the tone is once again proud and serious. The words Angelou used also makes it seem as though the character in the poem is talking to the readers. You may write me down in history (A) With your bitter, twisted lies, (B) You may trod me in the very dirt (C) But still, like dust, I'll rise. Just like moons and like suns, With the certainty of tides, Just like moons and like suns, With the certainty of tides, In the poem “Still I Rise” by Maya Angelou, Maya uses strong words to describe how she feels. But still, like dust, I'll rise. Still I Rise. The words Angelou used also makes it seem as though the character in the poem is talking to the readers. But still, like dust, I'll rise. 3 Extensions / Modifications. Maya Angelou (1928-2014) was an American writer, singer, and activist originally from St. Louis, Missouri. Maya Angelou. ... to describe herself and ask her enemy does all of that upset or offend him due to the fact that she still rise above the problems that her enemy throws at her. Source(s): read the poem. Bowed head and lowered eyes? Favorite Answer. With your bitter, twisted lies, You may trod me in the very dirt. Lesson Plan by Lauren Martin M.Ed.