It focused on insulin resistance being the trigger for those who struggle with weight loss- more in the long term than short term. Alcohol and The Obesity Code I recently finished reading The Obesity Code and was blown away by the powerful systems-thinking Dr. Fung applied to the discussion of obesity. The Obesity Code is just one version of an intermittent-fasting program.

This book was very informative and interesting. People are generally considered obese when their body mass index (BMI), a measurement obtained by dividing a person's weight by the square of the person's height, is over 30 kg/m 2; the range 25–30 kg/m 2 is defined as overweight. Obesity is the condition of being much too heavy for one's height so that one's health is affected. There have been many of them created, but their concepts are all based on the same health principles. The Obesity Code is the 5th book in my non-fiction challenge for 2018.
The author of The Obesity Code says that the current way that people eat several times a day exhausts the pancreas from having to release insulin to lower the blood sugar spikes continuously.

I appreciated his multifactorial lens, but was a little shocked the book did not have a more detailed discussion of alcohol's potential impact on the body / obesity, especially from the perspective of hormones. Insulin and insulin resistance play a large part in weight loss and weight gain over time. In other words, it means to be too overweight.Also known as being fat. The Obesity Code, written by Dr. Jason Fung, MD, is a diet book about the obesity epidemic and how there is a secret to unlocking the code to weight loss.

Obesity is a medical condition in which excess body fat has accumulated to an extent that it may have a negative effect on health. As explained by health and medical writer Jane Langille, obesity is a hormonal disorder of fat regulation.