Do I regret it? An acquaintance told me recently that the saying is actually from the brilliant philosopher and logician Bertrand Russell. ... Aristotle, had praised the contemplative life, and the monks spent a lot of time just praying and chanting.

I think "spend time doing something" is correct. Not at all :) IG: @moya.jimenez. In fact, we try to squeeze as much as we can into the day — with no time to spare. When you think of nothing, this means nothing that’s productive, that is, in a material or tangible sense like building things or making money. By Benjamin Fearnow On 2/3/19 at 4:10 PM EST … Ever since my first daughter was born, I felt the pull toward a “do nothing” day. Trump Spends Two-Thirds of his Time as President Doing Nothing in Particular, Leaked Documents Show . In this easy to follow, practical book, award-winning journalist Manoush Zomorodi explores the connection between boredom and original thinking, and will show you how to ditch your screens and start embracing time spent doing nothing. Fallow time, when practiced the right way, can remind us why we chose our work in the first place. However, I have seen people using "spend time to do something", for example, I googled about 1000 results of "spend time to visit".

We live in a hyperactive world in which active lifestyles and overachievers are celebrated. I am certain you will not be wasting your time.

You are correct-- 'spend time …

review of another edition. I’m going to break down how long the average person spends doing stuff in their lifetimes so that you can make sure you’ve got enough time to do everything that you want to! For example, "thank you for spending time reading my post". On the other hand, when you do nothing, you […] Most speakers would opt for the first sentence without the use of on, but there's nothing grammatically wrong with the third sentence. We tend to use spend time on + noun. Yes. No.

Doing nothing and ‘being' In a hypermodern society propelled by the twin engines of acceleration and excess, doing nothing is equated with waste, laziness, lack of ambition, boredom or "down" time. By Frank Sonnenberg 15 Comments.

A few months ago, I got the rare chance to spend a fellowship week away from the day-to-day. Did I do my homework? I did not like this book. Did I fulfill my job responsibilities? Richard

Could I have done more around the house? No. Right?

Guilt for doing nothing is artificially imposed on us by a Calvinistic and Puritanical culture that wants us to work hard. The third sentence is okay. Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

It is clear that you enjoy tracing quotations, so could you please look into this one? Some people simply can’t comprehend the psychological benefit that comes from doing absolutely nothing, but it can make you a happier person. Bored and Brilliant will help you unlock the way to becoming your most productive and creative self. The premise is that we can be more creative if we stop turning to social media when we are bored. 10 Ways to Enjoy Doing Nothing. When we’re not busy multitasking, we’re racing from activity to activity. An unproductive day for me. For example, I spent some time on my homework. Hello, ssxia.