Count up writing time instead of racing to a deadline to see your progress. The technique opens doors that you never knew existed—story ideas suddenly exist on the page, and you don't know what led to their discovery. TypingTest.com offers a free online Typing Test and exciting typing games and keyboarding practice. Check your wpm for free now! Compare your initial estimate with the actual time to gain insight. I have been doing timed-writing exercises since I was 13 years old. I’m ready to start digging into the real work of writing the essay. To become a better writer, the most important thing is to spend time writing. So why feel bad for writing longer than your estimate? With Writing Timer, every minute counts. Write every day, write now!

Now that you have a rough outline, it’s time to develop each of your points and write them out in your exam. Use it as a chance to learn. In doing this outline, I’ve uncovered four important arguments to develop. How to Write a Timed Essay: Minutes 15-40, Develop Your Essay. I find the practice a freeing way to learn about your own voice and style.