Read free Very Short Suspense Stories written by amazing authors from all over the world!

As birthday girl Joanne turns forty, no one wants to celebrate her special day, or play along with her idea of a fun party—a weekend away in a cozy cottage in the woods. My parents could never afford to take us to theme parks, so the best roller-coaster I ever went on was the bone-shaker that was the pride of the travelling circus. And I cannot arrest you without any complaint and without seeing the body of the dead people you are talking about.” She was looking very tense to me. "The Interlopers" 2. Very Short Story of Cinderella for Kids Next Lesson .

10 Must-Read Suspense Stories Jamie Canaves Feb 22, 2018. These words by author Mary Therese McCarthy indicates just how some of the best suspense thrillers in the world are born. "The Open Window" I always loved this time of year. Suspense & Mystery Stories "The suspense of a novel is not only in the reader, but in the novelist, who is intensely curious about what will happen to the hero." ... Short Suspense Story for Kids 3:05 Next Lesson. A party to die for. So I continued, “Shilpa, where are the bodies?” “I dug them in my garden.” One killer surprise. Posted September 30, 2019 by Edwin Crowe & filed under Short Stories, Story Archive..

1. When the Circus Came to Town. For that reason, and in honor of Lydia Davis’s birthday, here are eleven very short stories that you must—and can, thanks to the magic of the internet—read at your earliest opportunity. Four friends. The endings aren't revealed here, only the set-ups. Five literary short stories with "well-made surprises" by: Alice Munro, Jorge Luis Borges, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Lee Martin, and Jennifer Lynne Christie.

Sponsored by The Birthday Girl by Sue Fortin. The stories by Jeffrey Archer are available in his first volume of Collected Short Stories, which has many other stories with twist endings and is a fun read. “Shilpa, I am not getting it. "Twin Study" 3. Here are some great short stories with surprise endings.