Best selling author Zadie Smith has attacked ‘misogynists’ who claim she is too beautiful to be a great writer. Time travel is a discretionary art: a pleasure trip for some and a horror story for others. Zadie Smith’s writing inspiration started when she was young, ... English writer Zadie Smith was born Sadie Smith to a Jamaican mother, Yvonne Bailey, and an English father, ... friendship, and identity. Zadie Smith’s latest novel, “NW,” introduces four characters: Leah, Felix, Keisha (renamed Natalie) and Nathan, all of whom grew up in the same impoverished part of northwest London. Learn vocabulary, terms, and more with flashcards, games, and other study tools. Start studying Zadie Smith "The Waiter's Wife". (Plans are under way for Smith and her husband, Nick Laird, to adapt Swing Time to TV.) Zadie Smith on Optimism and Despair “Progress is never permanent, ... marry my husband, have my children, work in the university I work in, or live in my neighborhood. Last week Zadie Smith's novel On Beauty won the £30,000 Orange prize.